Monday, October 23, 2006

Tagged

Okay, so my writer/teacher, Marly Youmans, tagged me for a meme. 5 things no one knows about you.

1.I have a fascination with Mexican culture. I particularly have become interested in the Mexican idea of the duality of life and death, and the "Days of the Dead" Celebration. I am currently finishing a skeleton sculpture and a Frida Kahlo type self portrait.

2. I hate Macaroni and Cheese and Stewed tomatoes. Both a sin I think for a midwestern transplanted soul in the South. I do like raw vegetables on occasion, but my favorites are starches. Bread, pasta, potatoes. My daughter and grandaughter have unfortunately inherited this tendency. I do eat most things however, and have eaten rattlesnake at a wild foods weekend.

3. I collect angels. I had an accident nine years ago, where I believe I met with angels. Maybe that should be a post. I also collect Asian type artifacts. Buddha's, Hindu gods-Pavarti, and Ganesh. Along with other religious things such as Gaudelauppe from Mexico, Christian crosses with and without Jesus on them.

4. I have been on a free-flight baloon ride. I saved money up from working with the Census as a part-time job, (last census), and took my then 76 year old mama with me. We flew over Statesville, NC and had a wonderful time. It was something we both had wanted to do. I didn't know that had been one of mama's dreams until a few months before, so I decided that we both needed to go with that. It made me want to learn to pilot a balloon all the more. If only I could win the lottery.

5. I have enough poor white trash left in me to like the large blow up stuff from Wal-Mart, and would if my more cultured husband didn't nix it, put up one of those blow up snow domes with the Santa, snowman and reindeer on my front lawn. I also love smaller snow domes, and collect them.

Well, that's it for now. Maybe another post later.

1 comment:

Marly Youmans said...

Yes, I'd like to hear about 3! And to see 1.

But I love 4. And I think that 5 is a poor-man's version of 4. They just might blow away.